Saturday, January 23

Dr. Who Scarf

Well, today I'm going to show you the beginning of my most recent on-going project.



My Dr. Who scarf!


So first I need to tell you that I am a sci-fi lover! I can't get enough of the stuff, call me a nerd if you like (it doesn't bother me because I know I am :-P) but I love it :-) My favorite is stuff from the 50's to the 80's or 90's. New stuff is OK, but vintage is wonderful. I love the tacky monsters who are all made out of rubber and I love the horrible special effects. Well, now that you know I love sci-fi, I'll let you know that Dr. Who is my favorite show. For those of you who don't know what it is... Well it takes to long to describe it so Google it or read here. Well the old ones are my favorite and Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor. During his time as the doctor he always had an excessively long, absolutely wonderful, scarf.

^It looks like this, it goes down and touches the ground on either side. It's magnificent.




I've always wanted one, but you can't buy ones that look just like his, and I really like homemade things. Last week I was watching this ThreadBanger video and there was a man who said he'd seen Dr. Who scarves around the internet. And I immediately thought to Google them. (I have NO idea why I'd never thought to do that before....) And alas and behold, I found this fantastic website: Doctor Who Scarf Site. It's a fantastic website that gives you all the details and an easy how-to on how to make the scarf. Well, of course, I decided I needed to make one. So now you know all about Dr. Who and his fantastic scarf, here is the beginning of mine:


The first of the yarns I've got:

The backside of the first two stripes:


The front side:


And again:





So as you can tell, it's no where near finished, haha, but I have don't have more of the colors of yarn that I need for the next stripes, but I ordered two more colors today and will order the rest next pay day.


Anyway, just thought that would be my thought for the day :-)



Thanks for looking!!




~Courtney




P.S. Notice my font matches the scarf? :-P



No comments:

Post a Comment